Friday 23 September 2011

A Perfect Pear

Hello and welcome to our fortnightly challenge - Janet here taking your through this weeks theme. Before we go any further I would like to introduce you to a new team member - The enormously talented Siobhan at Recovering Stampaholic. We have all long admired her work so are thrilled she accepted The Stamp Mans offer to join the team. A huge welcome Siobhan xx

Siobhan joins us on my challenge week where I have chosen Pears or pairs as my theme. I did a little research on the symbolism of pears and found that they mean different things in different countries/ cultures. I had initially thought the pear represented friendship however none of my research backed this up!

So just because I can here is a few "pear" thoughts from around the world

In China its the symbol of Longevity, justice, purity and wisdom

Korean legends have the pear as a symbol of bestowing fertility, good fortune in exams and wisdom. In Christianity it represents Christs love of mankind and in many other parts of the world it represents the human heart which of course is a similar shape. In the world of artists the pear may represent the female form - again because of its shape.

So as The Stampman stocks a number of pear stamps - singularly and groups stamps it seemed like the pear-fect challenge - groan groan. So any pear is welcome Pear the fruit or a pair of anything hope you have fun - the team certainly did - here is some inspiration to get your pear/pair juice flowing LOL.

Janet used




Brenda used -



Angela used:
Tim Holtz Winter Sketchbook stamp set(tree)



Thanks so much team - gorgeous samples. Here is the inlinkz so you can share your pears/ pairs with us.
Happy crafting x


5 comments:

  1. Smashing projects from the Design Team

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect theme for fall! Peas are yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fab challenge which I really enjoyed doing. Wonderful samples from everyone too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the pear stamps - I think I have one from long ago that I need to locate, but took the easy road out today - mine is a pair of fall leaves. Great eye candy here to get the mojo going. Thanks so much for a terrific challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment as we really appreciate them!